Fitness Tip: Results or Excuses

nadirhealth
All you fitness freaks out there, this will be an article that may make you mad, so be ready.
With the Olympics going on, I'm sure we've all read dozens of posts, article, comments, etc. about how this athlete was great, that athlete wasn't prepared, this athlete was too cocky, that athlete is too timid, etc.
No matter how you look at it, no matter what you think of it, no matter how you slice it one thing is for sure, NONE of the athletes, I don't care which sport you want to talk about, and I'll say it again, NONE of the athletes make excuses about their performance! You will never hear:
"I was too tired", "I didn't feel like it today", "I have 3 kids at home, I didn't have time", etc.
My point, these people focus on RESULTS, not EXCUSES.
Now, I bring this up because, in a way, we can compare this attitude to what a lot of the non-Olympic world does too.
"But Andrew, we are talking about world class athletes, I'm not in that world. Life gets in the way for me."
To that I say, "Of course life gets in the way! Life happens to everyone, you're not singled out because life gets in the way!"
I will also admit that the person who doesn't care how he/she looks, or how healthy he/she is, just really doesn't care about it to begin with, right?
But what about the person that cares about themselves AND has the ability to do something about it? These folks come up with excuses all the time. Oh, just to add fuel to my soapbox fire, if you have to defend or justify why you can't do something. that is an EXCUSE! If there is one other person on the planet that has overcome what you are defending, it is an EXCUSE... PERIOD! (I'm sure I'll get hate mail for that one)
If you're the type of person that can walk by a mirror, nekked, and not think about what they can do to change that look, then you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway.
But the person who WANTS to change their health and/or looks, needs to focus on RESULTS not EXCUSES!
Once an excuse gets in your head, you need to stamp it out right away. Oh, I'm not saying you should work out 5 hours a day. I'm also not saying to change your entire eating habits and become a health guru. What I am saying is take 15-30 minutes a day and do something (if you're currently not), put down that diet soda and drink a glass of water instead. The little things you do will have a DRASTIC effect on your life, if you believe they will.
Instead of saying, "I don't have time to do X today", say "I can take 30 minutes and be focused on being active."
Instead of saying, "I don't like water, it has no taste", say "water has not taste, so drinking an extra glass or two is great for me!"
Instead of saying, "I have kids, I have to tend to them", say "I'll take my kids to the park and play with them for the next 30 minutes."
But, it all starts with the "want to" part of things. If you really "want to", you'll find a way to move towards the RESULTS and move away from the EXCUSES. It all starts with YOU.
What are YOU going to do about it
One thing you CAN do about it is listen what the fitness professionals are saying. You can hear them talk about their passion here: http://www.TheInterviewSeriesFitnessEdition.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...