Need Motivation? Make Your Workout Your Playout

Fitness Workout
Don't think too hard about it, answer quick.

On January 1st, did you make a goal to lose weight? Have you found this a hard or easy thing to do? It's all in how you look at it.

Almost two months have gone by since the New Year, and many of you who made resolutions to lose weight are finding that's not what you're actually losing. Face it--some of you are losing ground.

If your motivation to get to the gym or workout on the machine is decreasing, there's one thing you can do that will turn your boring routine into something you can't wait to do every day. All you need to do is change your mind.

Take advantage of the pliability of your human brain. No thought is permanent unless you choose for it to be. With conscious effort, you will turn your workout into your playout. What seems like a chore will be transformed into total blast in no time.

Quickly, let's go:

1. Decide to be keenly aware of what you're thinking. Whatever it's been, it hasn't been working for you, honey. Let's be real. So stop those thoughts as soon as you notice yourself making excuses as to why you'll get your exercise in tomorrow.

2. Replace each of those thoughts immediately with ones that point in the opposite direction.

What isn't working: "I've done enough today to make up for three workout routines. I don't need to go. Eh, I'll go to Zumba class tomorrow. It doesn't matter anyway."

Put on the brakes. Stop and replace.

What works: "I have done a lot today. I'm tired, but I did a great job knocking it all out. I deserve a treat, and think I'll go play for awhile at the gym. 

Playing out will make me feel great, and I'll be even closer to reaching my weight loss goal."

While you're busy replacing those self-defeating thoughts with self-empowering ones, get yourself to the gym. As you're driving there, think to yourself how fun the game you're going to play, will be.

If you love a challenge, thinking about how you're going to beat the goal you demolished last week will be an instant motivating tactic for you.

3. You've done it, you're there. That was the first step. Good for you. As you step onto the machine or into the class of the day, continue to keep dutiful watch on your thoughts, and replace the ones that shouldn't be there with the energizing ones that should.

These are three steps that worked for me in the times when I didn't want to get to the gym during my weight loss journey. I've lost 71 lbs. in less than two years. Though I'm almost at the end of my weight loss rainbow, I still use these steps now to get me through. I'll be at that pot of gold in no time.

You can reach your weight loss goals if you believe that you can. You can change a situation you're struggling with too, as soon as you make up your mind to. Choose to do it quickly before you start losing ground. Your pot of gold is waiting for you.

Make your workout your playout. It's all in the way you look at it.

For more inspiration from this author, visit http://www.loveyourbeautiful.com/.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tina_Hisick
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...